Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Beach Serenity

Whenever I need  little piece of mind I always find it at the beach.  This year I am determined to make it to the beach more than once.  I only went once in 2014. So far this year I have been 3 times!  Making some headway!  I went out to Folly Beach this morning and it was quiet, cold and serene.  There were a few people out but not many.  The wind was doing a constant blow.  I was glad I had my sweater wrap with me.  It felt good and it did a great job of insolating me from the cold. 

The wind and the roar of the ocean cleared my mind.  My spirit felt renewed and the freshness in the air was better than anything found in the city. A beach town in the early morning is very quiet.  There are people around but the ones I saw today looked very unique.  Some would even say savory characters.  Once on the beach it was one family, a few runners and a few dog walkers.  There was even a group of 6 Japanese men working with 2 women on a photoshoot near the Folly Pier.  Odd because I know those two models had to be cold in those little tiny swimsuits. 

I walked.  I scanned the horizon and watched the clouds change color as the sun tried to rise.  It was serenity.  It was peace.  It was me.  The ocean called to all things at unrest n my soul and took then down to the deep, dark depths.  Then it gave me a gift.  A starfish.  A starfish just for me.  My soul loves the sea and it loves me!



You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder. ~~Unknown~~

No comments: