Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Cocoa Tomatoes

I just discovered the cocoa tomato.  I was shopping at my local Food Lion and saw some small round things near some vine tomatoes.  I walked over and saw that they were cocoa tomatoes.  I had never heard of them before or seen them.  I bought 4 to start with just to try with my salad on Saturday.  When I got home I bit into one.  It was so sweet and juicy.  I added a little sea salt and I was hooked. 


Well I went back and got about 12 more.  They are juicy, hearty and just so good.  I have not put one in the salad yet.  So far I have eaten them like apples.  So good!  These at my grocery store and being shopped from Canada.  After doing a little research they are a European tomato eaten mainly in Belgium, Germany, France, Switzerland and the Mediterranean.  It is a very earthy tomato and the color goes from green to brown as it ripens. 

These cocoa tomatoes have definitely been a treat!  My daughter the picky eater won't try one because of the color. This is the same child who will not eat purple lettuce.  It must be green and her tomatoes must be red.  She does not know what she is missing out on.


You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder. ~~Unknown~~

No comments: