Pages

Tuesday, April 07, 2015

A Trip To Whole Foods

I made my very first trip to Whole Foods about a week ago.  I must say that I see what the craze is about.  I was blown away as soon as I walked in the door.  I normally go to Earth Fare because it is located on the same side of town where I live.  I ventured out to Whole Foods to just check it out.  It was almost like Earth Fare on crack!  There was so much more as far as selection in everything.  I did end up purchasing a few things and they were just random purchases.  I was like a kid in a candy shop.

I was out of olive oil so I did get a bottle.  Unfiltered....a sort that I never have tried before.  It was just so inviting.  The we came across the olive bar.  I love olives. The bar there was ginormous!  I mean GINORMOUS!  I got olives of various sorts, mushrooms, caper berries and garlic! I was in heaven.  When I got home I had some of the mix before dinner.  It was amazing. So fresh.  Well about an hour later I could not resist.  They were so good, I finished off the entire container. 

I got an onion and what you see in the picture above. Blue sweet potatoes. I have never seen them before.  They were so unusually shaped and blue! Who could not pass those up. That was a pure random purchase.  Then these cheese!  Cheese heaven.  My daughter then randomly decided she needed to make a baked brie recipe she had seen on pinterest earlier in the day.  Well,a brie wheel later and a roll of puff pastry and she was also buying random things! 

The store made us do it!  We did not buy but a few items and we left there leaving behind about $90. It costs money to eat organic, healthy food. We are still excited to have finally gone to Whole Foods.  There was a lunch station that looked amazing!  We can't wait to go back.  It will be in a few paychecks though.  We have to still shop at a "regular" grocery store to be able to buy mega groceries to be able to eat!  $90 will buy a lot at the local Harris Teeter! 

Whole Foods was amazing!  Can't wait to go again.

You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder. ~~Unknown~~

No comments: