Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Zumba

I took my first zumba class last week. I walked by the studio in the mall for about three weeks before finally deciding to try. Just watching the other women in the class made me think I was so uncoordinated. I used to dance, took ballet, danced in the nutcracker. I decided that inside me somewhere way down deep was a little grace. I finally decided to take the class.

It was a lot of fun. I stood in the back so that I would watch others and learn the steps. I did not learn all of then and I could not get all of them coordinated. It was fun and I did get a workout. Just what I needed and I was not the only new person in the class that day. We all had a great time.

I think I need this class. It was all about shaking it up, shaking those hips. I thought I was shaking it up and showing what I was working with. Apparently I was mistaken as the teacher kept looking at me and pointing for me to "shake it up" some more!! REALLY!! I guess my feel of being nimble and quick is all in my head.

Zumba! Just what the doctor ordered! Maybe I will get all those dance moves down and I can be really impressive on the dance floor. (Don't burst my bubble!) I can only hope~!

You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.~~Unknown~~

No comments: