Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Motion is Important

For the past few days I have been doing daily walking. Partly because I am dog sitting and the dog has a set walk schedule. I have just about let the dog walk take the place of my power walking because he has a mile dog trail we cover 3 times a day. That is a lot of dog walking. It is a little different because it is stop and go walking. There is a stop at just about every mailbox so he can hoist a leg. It is still exercise though. That is the key. Motion.

Motion as much as possible is the key. It shakes everything up and does burn calories. His owners will be back in three days then I am on my own as far as motivation to walk. It will still be there. The fall weather is so nice that it easily lends itself to my wanting to go outside.

The other thing I have been contemplating is my bike. I have a brand new woman’s mountain bike that is just begging to be ridden. It was a gift to me 4 years ago and I have yet to let my butt hit the seat.

It looks real good chained to the patio. It looks like a biker is in the house. I do need a helmet. That is the one thing I do not have. With this weather being so nice, I do want to ride. That will help as well. Every little bit of motion will help. It will help to with keeping my knees loose. When the weather changes there tends to be some stiffness now.

I am a firm believer that if you do not use it you do lose it! I am trying desperately to hold on to what I have now and to improve. So motion is it. Motion wherever I can get it! Walking. Biking. Zumba. I am committed to more movement.

You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.~~Unknown~~

No comments: