Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Dental Disaster

On Saturday I had a took fracture. The upper 1/4 just broke off in my mouth. I was not eating at the time. It left the filling exposed with a very sharp edge that cut into my tongue the entire weekend. I could not talk, eat or drink. Every slight movement of my tongue made that filling dig even deeper. Monday morning it was a quick trip to the dentist. The did xrays and thought about filing the filling down so that sharp edge would go away. Instead they decided the best option was a second appointment in the afternoon to have the filling removed, a new one put in and a crown.

When they began to work on the tooth the remaing upper 1/4 on the other side of the filling fell apart, so I was left with good tooth just above the gum line. The dentist showed me with a hand mirror. Not pretty. They made a new tooth with some sort of dental material and now all it needs is a cap. That will be put on with in the next week or so. My tongue? It is healing. It still hurts to eat or talk, but that is getting better.


You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: