Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Headaches Today


Today I had a headache just about all day. I woke up with it and I do not know why. I was also very tired. Maybe it was a very long and busy week that finally caught up with me. I napped on and off all day and that headache stayed with me. It would not go away. I did not have any Aleve with me, so I tried the pressure point thing to no avail. Normally it works but not today. Finally I could suffer no more, I broke down and got some Aleve. I took 2 about 4 and felt better about 5pm. A headache can wear you out!

I have always been in favor of using pressure points to relieve a headache. Here are the tips on finding them. They work and practice finding the points will improve the rate at which your headache goes away.

  1. Draw an imaginary line between the middle of both ears to the top of your head using your finger. This is a pressure point that commonly relieves headaches, as well as dizziness and low energy.
  2. Move your finger from your shoulder to your neck until you feel a depression. Apply pressure as needed in the area that is the most tender. This pressure point relieves migraine headaches as well as neck pain, shoulder tension, dizziness and stress.
  3. Slide your finger to the place where your thumb and index finger meet. You should be able to feel a depression in this pressure point. Pressure applied to this point treats headaches that are in the front of your head.
  4. Locate the next point by placing your finger in the depression between your big toe and your second toe. Feel where the tendons meet, then press where it is most sore. This will not only relieve migraine pain, but also anger, irritability, stress, menstrual pain and anxiety.
  5. Massage one or more of these points for three to five minutes, or until you feel relief. Acupressure can be repeated if necessary. For best results, apply pressure with the tip of your finger, your knuckle or the eraser end of a pencil.

You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: