AS I begin the yoga avenue, I wanted to see exactly what the benefits were of doing it. There are many and here are just a few.
- Increasing Flexibility – yoga has positions that limber the various joints of the body
- Massaging of ALL Organs of the Body – Yoga is perhaps the only form of activity which massages all the internal glands and organs of the body
- Excellent toning of the muscles – Muscles that have become flaccid, weak or slothy are stimulated repeatedly to shed excess flab and flaccidity.
- Detoxification – By gently stretching muscles and joints as well as massaging the various organs, yoga ensures the optimum blood supply to various parts of the body. This helps in the flushing out of toxins.
- Reduced Stress: Yoga, which derives its name from the word, “yoke”—to bring together—does just that, bringing together the mind, body and spirit.
- Increasing lubrication of the joints, ligaments and tendons – likewise, the well-researched yoga positions exercise the different tendons and ligaments of the body
You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.