Pages

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Yoga Live

I ordered the Yoga Live dvd's online that are endorsed by Russel Simmons. I thought he was the originator of the yoga but he is not. He just backed it. I watched one for stretching and flexibility last night. It was good. I watched. I did not do. I was way too tired after work to do anything last night. I plan to DO something today. I have a big trip planned for out of the country in about 3 months and I have to get ready for that experience. Now is the time.

The Yoga Live series has 4 in the set. I was lucky to get all 4 as they are out of print now....ahhhh!! The wonders of EBAY. The thing that I noticed the most is that it was so slow. Slow in my mind means hard as there is a lot of breathing that is controlled and a lot of controlled muscle work as well. Be kind to yourself when you practice yoga. Go slowly, especially in the beginning, and listen to your body. It knows what it can do. If it says "stop," stop. Don't push it. Yoga is not a competitive sport. In fact is looks difficult. The poses will take a little bit of time for me to master. There involves some balance and I seem to have none right now. I took ballet as a child, so I have some grace. Is there really any left?

The yoga combined with walking should do the trick I think. I am ready for a change. A real one. Not all this stopping and starting I have been doing. I think I am ready to finally make the real commitment.


You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: