Pages

Friday, October 19, 2007

Acai Reserve by Haagen Dazs: Search Over!

After searching high and low, locally, I got a wonderful comment on my blog and several emails from the wonderful people at Haagen Dazs. They understood my urgency to get some of the Brazilian Acai Sorbet, part of the Reserve Series. My hunt came to an end. At first I was communicating with Diane who then put me in touch with a woman named Summer. They were both great! After a few emails back and forth, I got a complimentary shipment of the Brazilian Acai Berry Sorbet. It came in a sleeve of 8 pints and was delivered overnight by Federal Express packed in dry ice. Did I say complimentary? Can we say random acts of kindness? They certainly did not have to do it. The sorbet is not available anywhere near me and it does not look like it will be any time soon. After searching on their flavor locator it seems to be only available in the bigger US cities for now...Atlanta, some of the bigger northern cities..New York and others and them out west in California.



My Brazilian Acai Berry Sorbet arrived in excellent condition. My mom received it as I was at work. I could not wait to get home to try some. When I did, I got out a pint and we all tried some after dinner when I got home. It was just fabulous! Light and full of those acai berries! I have recently come back from a trip to the Amazon jungle in Brazil, where I first discovered the benefits of acai. I was able to try some acai ice cream there and it was wonderful. It was that unusual purple color for ice cream.

I will be presenting a power point presentation/slide show to my ladies group who helped fund my trip to the Amazon on this coming Monday night. The Brazilian Acai Berry Sorbet will be the grand finale to their sights and tastes of the amazon. I am just thrilled this all came together. A big thank you must be given to the wonderful people at Haagen Dazs!

Thank you Haagen Dazs! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you Diane and Summer! The chances of them even coming across my blog and my crazy hunt for the acai sorbet seems slim... even now. It must have been mean to happen this way. I will be sure to take some pictures on Monday of us enjoying the sorbet. I told Summer that I would send her one of our group on Monday. Sometimes little prayers can get answered...even when you did not think there was any chance of it ever happening.



You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: