Pages

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Acai Reserve by Haagen Dazs: Search Still On!?

Well, as you know I have been on the hunt for the acai reserve sorbet by Haagen Dazs. No one local seems to have it. I have called every grocery store in my area. They are all checking into it. I have physically gone to most of them in the last week and a half to look for it myself. I can't find it at any grocery store. I have gone to gas station convenience stores and organic food stores and checked the smaller convenience stores as well. None to be found. I know that I can order it online, but it is not worth it. The shipping, because it will have to be specially packed in dry ice, is $39.99. That is much more than the ice cream.

I have found it at a Publix in Atlanta, but that is many hours away even if I was contemplating driving. Man!

Update to this post!
Prayers answered!

I had not checked out my comments on the blog and I just noticed that once of the Public Relations Managers (Diane McIntyre) at Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream will arrange a special delivery for me! I am thrilled to death! I just called her and left my address and phone number. I wanted this sorbet so desperately becasue I have just come back from Brazil. I went in July and had some wonderful acai icecream there and I fell in love with it. I plan to serve it to my ladies group in 2 weeks. I am giving them a slide show presentation of my Brazil trip and I have ordered other authentic Brazilian foods to serve. The acai sorbet was--not-- IS--to be my great surprise! Ice cream from the Amazon!


You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: