Pages

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Star Jones Admits it: Finally!

Yes she did have that bypass surgery. Finally she admits it! I wonder what took so long.

Star Jones Reynolds says in a new interview that her dramatic weight loss was due to gastric bypass surgery, and that she dodged questions about it for years because she was "scared of what people might think of me."

Reynolds, 45, says she was "intentionally evasive" when people asked how she'd dropped 160 pounds in three years. The former "View" co-host opens up about her weight loss and self-esteem issues in a first-person essay featured in the September issue of Glamour magazine, on newsstands August 7.

"Everything about me was already so public (mostly my own doing -- talk about dumb!), so of course everyone wanted to know what I had done," she writes. "I was also terrified someone would have a tragic result after emulating me without making an informed decision with her doctor."

"But the complete truth is, I was scared of what people might think of me," she continues. "I was afraid to be vulnerable, and ashamed at not being able to get myself under control without this procedure."




You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: