Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2015

An Afternoon Away

Yesterday was my birthday so I took off today and tomorrow from work.  I was tired and wanted some ME time.  I hardly get any of that....just to lay on the sofa and do nothing..resting is good for the tired body.  Sometimes it is not even rest I want.  I just want to be able to do something I consider fun or rewarding...like posting on my blogs.  They have been sadly neglected but I am catching up.  Today I woke up before the alarm went off.  That is an everyday occurrence.  I did manage to go back to sleep.  Now that never happens.  I woke up again at 9 and that is a rare occurrence for me when it if normally 5AM everyday!

After coffee with my daughter at Starbucks, I headed to the DMV to do the one thing I had to do today....get the car tags renewed.  It was painless and unbelievably fast!  I was in and out I 10 minutes.  After that a quick stop at the grocery store to get a few things. I did get some tart cherry juice and chili ingredients.  I read about the tart cherry juice and I tried it just on a whim because I had been having leg pain.  I first went to the doctor and after checking my blood she said I was very vitamin deficient in potassium and D.  So she added those supplements to my pill regime. This was a few months ago.  I saw little change with the added supplements.....just a little better.  I felt tremendously better with drinking tart cherry juice twice daily.  It really makes a difference.



The benefits of tart cherry juice are many but for me it reduces the leg pain caused by my statin drugs.  It may even be reducing the cause of many illnesses...inflammation. Whatever it is doing, it works and it has made me almost pain free.  It is hell to feel achy and sore with every step.

After getting home I watched  a movie, ate lunch and just took it easy. I feel a nap coming in my very near future.  Lazy days! They do a body good!


You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder. ~~Unknown~~

No comments: