Pages

Monday, January 07, 2013

Here We Go Again!

Well, it is a new year and a new day and we can all begin again. Me?  I am thankful for new beginnings.  It gives me the chance to begin again and resolve to do better.  It is a new year and I am in a new place with a new job.  Benefits make all the difference in good health.  The ability to go to a doctor and not worry so much about how the bill will be paid is a miraculous thing.  I am grateful.

So this January I will begin again.  I have some of my coworkers for inspiration.  They are all hitting the gym of talking about diets. I even have a few marathon runners who sit near me in my office, so I would love to somehow with my bad knees run again.  We shall see.  I think the first thing is to just begin to walk.  Even that is a strain now as I have been so sedentary for this past year.  But that will be changing.

As I sit hear typing this at Starbucks, I know visits here will need to be curtailed.  You just don't know how much I love the casualness of a coffee shop for coffee and a scone.  the scones.  I am having a raspberry orange scone now.  I know that eating will also need to be something I need to review.  Every bite needs to be scrutinized and monitored.

I want this to be a year of change and it has to begin with me.

You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder. ~~Unknown~~

No comments: