Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lent and Coffee


The day of Lent is upon us. It is ash Wednesday.  It has been years since I have actually given up anything for Lent but this year I am thinking about it.  I only have a few hours left to decide.  I have actually given up things in the past.  Like when I was in my 20's, but I gave that up long ago.  This year I think I will.  I wish I had made a big thing of it when my child was small. She knows about giving things up but has never done it either.

What?  I was thinking Coke.  It is the only soda I like to drink and I do not drink it that often but when
I want one, I really want one because I have not had one in months.  Many that would be a good choice because it might be easy to achieve that goal.  Then I was thinking coffee...not give up but wean.  I know that if you stop drinking it cold turkey the caffeine headaches for me will set in.  That might be the better goal. to limit the amount of coffee I drink because right now it is at least once cup a day...maybe two.

I spend at least an hour a day at my local Barnes and Noble or a Starbucks doing work and having a coffee when I do.  I think that is it.  From coffee 7 days a week....to gently whittle that down without the headaches to may a few cups a week.  That would be a good goal that would better my health as well.  Even as I write this I am sitting in a book store having a nice BIG cup of coffee.  I also make coffee at home.  That would even help financially as well.  Just make coffee at home and have no coffee when I am out.  That will be a savings.

So coffee it is...reducing and saving money.  Only coffee at home.  Lent.  It will be a long season.


You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder. ~~Unknown~~

No comments: