Pages

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Who is to Blame?

WHO is to blame for this miserable cold that I have? My employer of course. We work in what I believe is a million dollar property right on the water at a marina. Beautiful prime real estate. The thing is that my boss looks for ways to save money. In the winter he does not turn on the heat. Really. No heat so we sit in our coats and sweaters shivering all day. In the past 2 weeks it has just turned cold. I have been freezing each day at work. I bundle up but you get chilled to the bone. The cold wind off the water permeates the building like there is no insulation at all.

So now I have a bad cold. This is the 2nd winter for me here freezing. He has provided a small space heater that I now have at my desk. It helps but it is still cool all day. Who is to blame? The boss. Saving money at the expense of the health of your employees is not right!


You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: