Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Love of Brussels Sprouts



I have always loved Brussels sprouts. I had always seem them looking like little cabbages. I have never seen how they REALLY look till I went to my local organic food store and I bought some there. I was amazed! I got them and the figs you see behind them. I was also enticed into buying some pollenta as well. They were doing a cooking demo with it.

I bought a stalk and they kept for a long time in my fridge. I was able to pluck enough for two big freezer bags. It is amazing how things really look in their natural forms. Not only do they look good but they are good for you. they are very high in fiber and also are in the cancer fighting category of cabbages. They are low in calories and high in vitamin C. You can't go wrong with Brussels sprouts!


You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: