Pages

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Reducing Belly Fat

I have a little mini-me and it is my belly fat. I am waging war with it now. How to get rid of it. I see all the pills and things on the market but I am very hesitant to take anything. It is best to loose it the old fashioned way...sweat it off. On the radio, not to long ago I heard a commentary that the fat is stored in kind of in a mesh pocket of stomach muscles and that over time the only way to reduce that mesh pocket of fat is to work it off. What is the best way? Food? Pills? Targeted stomach exercises? The only way seems to be to expend more calories than you are taking in so that pocket of reserve fat in the mesh pocket will be used up. It sure got there easily and it snuck up on me. Now why is it so hard to get rid of it?

Tips on Losing Belly Fat
  1. Exercize: Get that jelly roll, rolling! Often. No more sitting around on the sofa. Get up and get moving. Join the gym. Walk at least 30 minutes a day. If you fall to temptation and do eat something sweet, then immediately walk for 30 minutes after or get on the stairmaster or eliptical trainer.
  2. Alcohol: Avoid at all costs. Beer in particular has lots of calories and will help grow your beer belly. Other alcohol like margaritis and mixed drinks have all sorts of sweet sugary sodas or heavy creams that are full of sugars, fat and calories
  3. No eating after 8 PM: This is a rule of thumb that works. No eating after 8pm as our bodies do not have time to digest all that food before we go to bed. It all just turns to fat when we go to sleep on a big full stomach of food.
  4. No Junk Food: Junk food is like fuel to belly fat. We are what we eat. If you eat chips you will be a fat potato chip. Avoid junk food at all costs. Switch to fruits and vegatables when you yearn for something weet.
  5. Eat only the Good Carbohydrates: We all need carbs but eat only the good ones. Switch to whole grain breads and avoid white bread. Again stick to fruits and vegetables and then drink them. Use the juicer. You know I am a big fan of mine.
Follow these tips and stick with it and soon that belly fat will be walking out the door. Right now what am I doing? I am getting ready to start the day. I am putting on my shoes and going walking before work. I need to shake up my mini-me. I need to let it know, it has to find another place to live.




You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: