Pages

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

My Food, Not Your Food

It is my food and not your food. Today I got a fruit salad before coming to work and I had it sitting at my desk while I was logging on to the computer. Of course the girl who works with me who is extremely obese walked up to me with a plate and fork and just stood at my desk looking at me. I asked her if she was there because she wanted some of my fruit. She said yes. I then opened the lid and told her to get a few pieces. It is fruit and lord knows she needs that, but, to get a plate and fork and just stand at someone's desk. How bold is that?! And another thing, she never shares her food. Not that I would really want any of it, but if she has something, she shares it very grudgingly. She will even say that people should not ask fat people for their food. They do not like to share. That is what she says to me. To me that is just being greedy.

I will have to hide my fruit the next time I bring any. It was good and I ate it all for breakfast. Now my coffee and I have caffeine and sugar to start the day!



You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: