Pages

Monday, April 07, 2008

The Fat Medusa

There is a girl who I work with who is extremely obese. I know she weighs over 300 pounds. Maybe even 350. Happy as can be. Ghetto as can be. Today she came in with her weave looking like something only Medusa could love. Some crazy braids sticking up all over her head like something I have never seen before. It was so extreme that we all had to say something to her, both white and black employees. She looked scary! She did go to the bathroom and try to do something with it. That hair coupled with the skin tight knit pants she always wears with too tight Baby Phat tops.....can we say tore up from the floor up?!!!

Well, for the past 6 months I have been trying to get her to eat better. Not to eat so much fried, greasy foods. She has resisted most things I have brought in for her to eat. I have been bringing enough salads and fruits for 2 and offering things to her. She turns her nose up at most. I have even encouraged her to walk. Nothing on her end. I have talked to her about low carb eating. She did do that for about 2 days. She is not ready to make any sort of change in her lifestyle right now, so I think I will give up trying. I will put the focus on me. Maybe if she sees me consistently loosing, she may take an interest in herself.

Her eating habits are deplorable. She eats too fast and puts way too much in her mouth. It is gross to eat around her. Then after eating she spends most of the afternoon burping and belching very loudly. I thank God I do not have to share an office with her. As soon as any kind of food smell eminates from the breakroom, she is literally running from her cubby to see what kind of food someone else has. Then she begs for it. Only the unhealthy things. A vegetable will kill her!

I realize that you cannot get others to diet or make changes unless they want to. You can only encourage but if they do not want to do it, they will not.



You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: