Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Alligator Sausages

Have you every had alligator sausages? I have and love them. My local organic health food store sells fresh Cajun alligator sausages. They are a little gamey but that is what makes them great. I have been buying them for about a year now and about 2 months ago, I went in and they did not have them. They would have to special order them and they would come frozen. What happened to fresh? That is a little disappointing. I asked the butcher there to order some for me and I will see how they are.

8-10
servings
1½ hours 20 min prep
1 lb alligator sausage, crumble,brown,drain
1 lb crayfish tails
1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
2 cups converted rice
1 (10 ounce) can rotelle tomatoes and green chilies
1 can onion soup
1 can beef consomme
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 lb mushrooms, sliced
10 ml garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon creole seasoning
1 tablespoon black pepper
1/4 lb butter or margarine
Mix alligator sausage with remaining ingredients.
Place in a covered casserole or pan and cook in preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
After 30 minutes, stir well and continue cooking for the remaining time.
Let cool, uncovered, for a few minutes and serve.




You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: