Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Party Time

I went to a crab crack tonight. My first in a very long time. I think the last time I went to one was in college. The crabs were good. We had two hitches. The first was that the crab cookers took them out too early and had to gather them up again and recook them. Someone in the crowd said that they needed a little more spice. Well, you know what that meant...on came the pepper. When the recooked crabs were ready they were so hot, they were almsot unedible. Cracking a claw shell with your teeth was taking your life in your hands. If you did not put your mouth on a shell, you were okay to get at the meat inside. They were fat and juicy. I think I ate about 9 altogether along with a fish sandwich. It was good southern eating.

After coming home, a nice big drink. Canadian club and ginger. That hit the spot!




You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: