Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wheat Grass

Okay so now I am caught up in the wheat grass revolution. On a whim after reading about it I bought some last night. I will be taking a tablespoon in the mornings in some juice. It is very green. That is all I can say about it right now. It is supposed to be very good for you and really has things in it to detox the body. What are the actual benefits? Well I had to look these up.

  • Increased energy
  • High Alkalinity helps neutralize acids and toxins
  • Immune stimulation and defense
  • A raw food (processed below 117 degrees) complete with enzymes, phytonutrients and all essential amino acids
  • Anti-oxidants to guard against cancer and other diseases
  • Cleanses the blood and increases red blood cell count
  • Rapid absorption and assimilation of nutrients by your body
  • Stimulates metabolism
  • Concentrated dehydrated powder expands up to 7 times when hydrated and fills you up.
After review the things I am most interested in are the blood cleansing and that boost to the metabolism. Well after that, I then decided I needed to pull out the juicer and use it. You know...my baby.. the Jack Lalane Power Juicer. I had my regular drink. The beet, carrot and apple. That is my favorite.

For lunch I had a small ceasar salad with chicken and a roll. Dinner. Well I will try to eat light there as well.


You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: