Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Thought for the Day

Defining and analyzing humor is a pastime of humorless people.

Why is this so true? This reminds me of an incident that happened many years ago when I was in high school. I was watching the tele and some comedy was on. My mother was in the room. I was laughing my head off at the show. It has something to do with the mother of the family doing something silly and all was laughing at her. My mother somehow thought this what not so funny and began to yell at me because I was laughing at the show. She turned it all around in some convoluted way and made it that I was laughing at all mothers of the world by laughing at the show.

She is a humorless woman unless she is laughing at others. That is the only humor she has. When something odd or bad happens to others she laughs at that. Normally noone else is laughing or will see the humor in it. Sad. SO very sad.


You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: