Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Flax Seed Oil

I have used flax seed on and off. I bought a big bag and chewed about a tablespoon each day. I got tired of that but I think I need to begin again. In addition to the benefits listed below, I also read where it will heel the irritated linings of the intestines. I need that with my irritated colon problem. I think I will get the oil in gels and try that. I still have that big bag of seed. I may just have to finish that off.

Its high content of alpha linolenic acids has made the ancient flax seed become our modern miracle food. Alpha linolenic acid is a type of plant-derived omega 3 fatty acid, similar to those found in fish such as salmon. Benefits of flax seed as shown in many studies include lowering total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol (the Bad cholesterol) levels. Other benefits show that flax seed may also help lower blood triglyceride and blood pressure. It may also keep platelets from becoming sticky therefore reducing the risk of a heart attack.

You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: