Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Brazil--I am SOOO There!

This summer I am going on a mission trip with my church to Brazil. Now it is not going to be a nice trip as you well know. Not any of the nice tourist spots and beaches. We are going to the Amazon to spend a week on a medical barge delivering medical supplies to villages along the Amazon river. It is kind of scary actually. I went to Barnes and Noble on day before yesterday and bought a 40 lesson CD tutorial on learning Portuguese.

The travel arrangements are being made, not by me but through our denominations mission site, so the accommodations are out of my hands. Now if I were going on a regular trip to stay in a nice place and see all the sites, I would not be so nervous. The more I think about it, the more ansy I get. I am waiting on my passport. I am having it expedited. It just makes me think that any odd thing can happen when you are out of the country.


You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: