Pages

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Biking 101



This is my new bike..the Roadmaster ladies mountain bike. I have not had a bike since middle school. I used to have a Huffy bike that I loved. I used to ride it all the time. One day I noticed that my bike was missing from the garage when I was in high school. I looked all around, outside, the garage and the storage shed. I asked my mother were my bike was and if she had seen it. She had. She sold it to one of the neighbors. She decided that she wanted to clean out the garage and she got rid of my bike. I was crushed and very hurt. I had planned to use that bike in college since I had no car. I had planned to use it to get around campus.

She did not even ask or tell me. It was just gone. Cruel. But that was the norm. I put up a brave front and did not say anything about it. But it really bothered me inside that she did that. I have not had a bike since then. I love the one I just got. I have not even tested it out yet. Ido need to buy a bike helmet as I do not have one of those. I also need to get some sort of bike carrier for the car.

I was keeping my eye on a Schwinn that I really wanted, but it never went on sale. The Roadmaster was 10% off when I got it, so Roadmaster it is! I just hope I can remember how to ride it!

You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: