Pages

Monday, October 11, 2004

Today's Food

This morning I had 1/2 cup of raisin bran with 2% lowfat milk and 2 glasses of water. I was at my parents time share over the weekend so I got up right after eating and tried to go fishing. The knats were resistent to deep woods off and they ate me alive. After about 45 minutes I had to give it up and go in. I sprayed deep woods off on me and in the air to no avail. I caught no fish but I did catch a turtle. I had the hardest time getting him off the hook. I know turtles are edible but I could not imagine cracking open that shell to eat it. Back he went.

We drove the 1.5 hours back form the beach condo into the city and my parents and I went our separate ways. I came home and had more water about 1 glass and took a nap. We had stayed up late last night with that being our last night at the beach. For lunch I had 1 chicken and apple sausage. Yes...apples are packed with chicken inside a sausage. It is wonderful. I cannot remember the brand but they are some sort of gormet sausage you can only find at Costco. The same manufacturer makes it in 2 other stuffed flavors--chicken and sundried tomatoes and chicken and portabella mushrooms.

I cleaned up the house, contemplated this new blog and then went shopping. Carrots, tomatoes, grapefruit, plain yogurt, cottage cheese, pomegranate, spring salad fixings and fresh spinach for salads. And we are off to the races. I had a large grilled salmon salad for dinner.

Tomorrow I will begin to walk as well. Each day will be struggle for awhile. The snack machines will be calling my name at work. I will weigh once a month and take a picture so that I can see visual progess. I f I can get access to a scanner I will post. I know my parents have a scanner. I guess I will try to use theirs. Well off to bed. It is late.




You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: