Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Watery Dreams

There have only been two times in my life when I had the water dream.  Once when I was in high school and once this week.  They are dreams to be reckoned with.  In high school I was asleep and very tired but in that place where my body was asleep but my mind was awake to some degree. I was having the feeling that I needed to go to the bathroom.  I had a large glass of water before bed.  I ignored that feeling.  A little while later I was dreaming I was at a wonderful, beautiful waterfall.  I was memorized by the water and then I was watching the water fall from the ledge that was about 20 feet above me and all of a sudden it was the best feeling to see that water fall.  Suddenly I was awake and my bed was wet.  That is the message of the water dream.  I had ignored that nudge to wake up and go to the bathroom.

This past week I had the same thing happen.  I was not at a water fall.  Again I ignored that urge.  I was tired and asleep but aware.  I was at the edge of a river and watching the water flow past me and again...it was the best thing to watch that water flow.  Luckily I caught myself.  I jumped and made the mad dash to the bathroom.

Our bodies do talk to us even when we are sleeping.  Listen. Listen well.



You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder. ~~Unknown~~

No comments: