Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pumpkin is NOT Just For Eating!

Some years ago when Oprah came out with her favorite things and one of them was the pumpkin mask made by Bath and Body Works, I like lots of others bought it. I fell in love with it and due to the Oprah Touch, I got about 6 jars at once.  I did use them all and even gave some away.  It lasts for a very long time.  I do not know what I was thinking about with 6 jars.  That is a very good mask.  The pumpkin is very beneficial for the skin and helps refine it.

Now I am on my last jar.  I had two but my daughter "borrowed" one jar.  I am thinking that it might be easy to make a homemade pumpkin mask as well.  Pumpkin is good for the skin because it is full of vitamin A, lots of other vitamins and phyto-nutrients.  It also has zinc to purify and enzymes to exfoliate.

There are lots of recipes out there for DIY spa products and I have found this one for a great home made pumpkin mask.  It is best to use the same day.  Let me know if you try it and how you like it.  I will be trying it once my last jar of the mask pictured above is all gone.  Happy spa-ing!


Warm Pumpkin and Honey Mask
Benefits: Nourishing, toning, lifting, soothing, purifying

Ingredients
5 tablespoons pumpkin, finely chopped
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon honey

Directions
Sautee pumpkin over low heat in water. Stir frequently to make sure the pumpkin doesn’t burn. Cook the pumpkin until it is smooth and soft, and then add one teaspoon honey. Stir well. Mash with a fork and set aside to cool to room temperature. Once cool, apply to your cleansed face and neck. Let set for ten minutes and rinse with warm water.

Storage
This mask is best used on the day of preparation.


You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder. ~~Unknown~~

No comments: