Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Lazy Day

What can I say...still sick and coughing all day long.  I am so tired because I am up at night with the cough.  I have Tylenol, Advair, Claritin, Robitussin and still I cough.  I know I need rest because I have been run ragged as the human taxi for my mother and child the last two weeks.  I felt really exhausted right before I finally got sick.

Today has been a lazy day.  I did not go to church so I stayed home. My child made me breakfast and other than that I have not left the sofa.  I have blogged, watched The Godfather trilogy and played with the animals.  We have a cat and a chihuahua.  When I am sick and want to be still here they both come.  The cat snaking out a paw to my shoulder and rubbing against my head and the dog always the jealous one.  Whenever the car comes around there she is. She only weighs 3.5 pounds and she is a full grown dog.  The car clearly outweighs her but she will snarl at the cat in a hot minute.  So animals will not leave me alone today.  At least at this typing they are in separate corners.  The dog is asleep at my feet and the cat is up in the window.

As far as food today, it was not the best as far as low cal.  Breakfast was sliced Treat and an egg with orange juice.  Lunch was pasta salad, greens and chicken breast.  That was not so bad.  In between I had popcorn, a lemon poppyseed muffin and lots and lots of water.

Dinner? I think it will be soup.  I have some Italian wedding soup in the cabinet,.  Fitting as I am watching The Godfather.....well..off to the bathroom.  All the water has to go somewhere.  I am forcing fluids with this cold...trying to keep well hydrated.


You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder. ~~Unknown~~

No comments: