Pages

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Just Freeze It!

You know I have the bum knee. I hurt it in college and had to have knee surgery. Exploding knee caps, no arthroscopic surgery as the pieces were too big, scarring. Therapy that was a year of going to a medieval torture chamber to break up the scar tissue. Well, since then, the knee has been okay. Sometimes it is achy when it rains or if I walk alot, then it gets achy. See? It's the offending knee!



At various times throughtout the years I have had to have physical therapy. It gets a little swollen and tends to click. Feels like things rubbing together in there. Yuk! Very uncomfortable. I have tried various things throughout the years to try on it. Now I have been sent some wonderful samples of Freeze It. I tried it. I liked it. It was cool and soothing. The texture was smooth and greaseless without staining.



Freeze It can be used for any sort of joint pain or muscular ache. I rubbed it in and waited. Soon I began to feel a warm sensation as it went to work. If you are about to workout, use it before you begin to reduce soreness. It you are already sore, rub it in and you can even use a little ice to reduce soreness as well. I fear that I may get arthritis in this knee in the future as that is what my doctor told me was a very real possibility many years ago. Freeze It will help with that as well. I can be applied up to four times a day.

I like the fact that it comes in the gel as well as a roll on. The roll on is nice when you do not want to get it all over your hands. (Tip one...don't forget you rubbed it in and then rub your eyes. Not a good combination) What is in it that does the trick? Well, camphor and menthol for one. In addition it contains a special ingredient called ILEX. That is a herbal extract from a South American holly shrub. It helps to enhance the effects of the pain relief ingredients. There is also soothing aloe and vitamin E.

Me and My badly scarred knee? Well, we are paired for life. The good thing is there are wonderful products like Freeze It that can make our life together more compatable. Knee problems like mine? I recommend Freeze It. It can really make a difference in just basic quality of life if you are suffering with life long knee problems. How did it all happen? High impact aerobics back in 1980. High impact aerobics and knee caps don't mix. But I can freeze discomfort with Freeze It! Cost: Competitve at $9.99.


Disclosure
You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: