Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Cherries

I love cherries and just thsi week I went to Cosco and got a large plastic bin of them. Man are they good and so good for you. Cherries have many benefits. Cherries are a very tasty and nutritious fruit. They contain many vitamins, minerals and compounds which have many health benefits. Some studies have shown cherries are especially beneficial in fighting some cancers. They contain a number of anti-oxidants which help "mop up" free radicals. They also assist in fighting cancer and heart disease. They also help lessen the symptoms of gout and arthritis. In addition they assist with chronic pain syndrome and headaches.



Cherries also are low in calories, low in fat and contain a high percentage of water. Research has shown increasing water consumption will boost energy levels and help increase the motabalism. I need that as mine has slowed way down. I am trying all I can to jumpstart it so that I can burn calories faster. They are also high in potassium and low in sodium which improves water balance overall. When you feel like chocolate and I had a real craving today for it, reach for the cherries instead. They are far better for you!


You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: