Pages

Monday, April 16, 2007

Mental Health Retreat

How to get away mentally is my issue. I get very tired of the same old things all the time. Take work. I finally left a job that had been wearing me down for a long time. I was there for 10 years. I really stayed too long and gave of myself when I realized that giving and teamwork and all the other things I was doing was not being recognized and was not going to be, on purpose.

I left on a Friday and was still in a state. The next day Saturday I only felt extreme relief, like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders that had been hodling me back for a long time. Mentally that place left my mind like I had not worked there in 20 years. Friday I was in a state of disbelief but after that I have never looked back. I just regret staying so long. Sometimes loyalty to a company is just not good enough even when you work is excellent. There seems like there is always one that is singled out. That one was me.



The break I am having now is good. I still am on my old schedule and I feel a little anxious during the day. I feel like I need to be doing more. I will be going back to work soon. I am looking forward to change. Change is good.


You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: