Pages

Friday, April 13, 2007

Just Call Me Crip!

I have had a series of odd accidents recently. About a month ago, I fell down the stairs and sprained my left ankle. The bad thing about it, is that I was on the 2nd stair from the BOTTOM, not the top. My foot just somehow flew out from under me and my foot turned, I heard a loud ripping noise, felt shooting pain and then fell to the floor. Freak accident!!

I sat on the floor for about 10 minutes and then tried to walk. I was OK for about 20 minutes, then pain and swelling began. It would not stop. I ended up having to go for x rays. In the end I had to R.I.C.E. it. Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevate it. This was on March 10th. I am just now getting over it.

That is not all. Last week, I was doing some yard work and I strained my left knee. It is in really bad shape. I heard a very loud pop! Then the next day swelling. I have not been to the doctor. I have been doing R.I.C.E. on my own. By next week if it is not better, I will go to the doctor. It has been very swollen. I am walking with a limp and due to the swelling I cannot bend it very far. It is hard to get in and out of the car without bending your right leg.

I seem to be getting very clumsy in my old age.

You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: