Pages

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Rainwater and Grapefruit

I remember when I was little, my mother would say that we need to rinse our hair with rainwater from barrels collected outside. The well water was hard, and the rainwater was soft, allowing the soap to lather more, and rinse off better. Now we did not have barrels but we used buckets. I had to collect those buckets and she then poured them into bigger containers. It became a chore, but my mother was alwasy into some fad sort of thing.


I also remember that she read somwhere that if you boiled a grapefruit and wiped your face with it, it acted as a cleanser and toner. I remember donig this crazy thing as well. She was always trying some old wives tale remedy. Me, as soon as I got old enough, I ran down to the Estee Lauer counter and plunked down my $350 for the entire line of cleansers, toners and moisterizers. Those work best for me!




You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: