Pages

Sunday, February 05, 2006

My Clotheshorse


This is my clotheshorse!

According to the dictionary a clotheshorse is: "A frame on which clothes are hung to dry or air."
Well, that is what my Schwinn Airdyne Exercise Bike is, a clotheshorse. Unfortunately. I have had it for about 5 years and it was very expensive. I have used it but as you can guess not in the proper fashion and certainly not enough for the "RIGHT" reason. It sits in my living room occupying a very large space.

The purpose of it living in the living room was to give me the motivation to ride it when I was watching t.v. That has worked but it simply has not been done enough. This winter it has held just about all my winter coats and sweaters at one time or another. And let's not forget the sweatshirts. It can hold alot of winter clothes at one time if you drape them just right. Do I have a coat closet? Yes, but the Schwinn Airdyne Exercise Bike is more handy.



As a bike it is great when I use it. I will be huffing, puffing and sweating in no time. On yesterday the clotheshorse went into retirement-- as a clotheshorse. I have cleared it of all winter sweaters and dusted it off. It now sits ready to use whenever I watch t.v. I plan to become re-aquainted with that Schwinn Airdyne Exercise Bike. I need to get all the money I paid out for it, out of it. If you have fitness equipment around your house still in its' halloween costume as a clotheshorse, get rid of that costume. Brush it off, use it. Spring and swimsuit weather is soon approaching. Git to bikin!

After looking on line, the recumbant bike seems to be all the rage now. It is what they have at my gym. No way will I get one of these until my old Schwinn has been put out to pasture!





You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: