Pages

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Juicing Anyone?

I have had a juicer for about 5 years now and I think the motor is about to wear out. I looked at some juicers at christmas and ended up deciding to wait. The one I have still has life in it but it tends to leave just a little more pulp than it used to. I like to juice but it seems to take more time than making a dinner. Now that is most likely all in my head as all I need to do is cut up fruits and vegetables. I know it takes more time to make a full course dinner. Must be a mental block.

I do feel better when I drink juice. It fills me up and you can get several, maybe even 4-5 servings of veggies in in once glass. I went shopping last week at Cosco and found some premade juices there. Bolthouse Farms is the brand name. The juice is 100% natural and so easier that juicing your own or it would work when you are in a rush. I bought the Green Goodness and the Carrot Juice. The carrot is wonderful. I love it. The Green Goodness is good but it is a little thick. And so pea green in color. I took some to work and people were horrified at the way it looked. I had no takers when I offered some to my fellow co-workers.

I still am a fan of my tried and true juice recipes that I make myself. Here is my favorite. This juice combination turns a beautiful sunset/purple color and it does taste really good. Good as a liver cleanser.

1 fresh large beet
1 large apple
3-4 large carrots
1 large handful parsley

Juice it all together and drink!

I have had a few juicing disasters. Somehow I do not have the knack for juicing oranges with the rind. It always turns out too bitter. So I tend to stick to store bought orange juice. (Minutemade) The recipe best book that I have used the most is the Power of Juicing. It has recipes for just about every ailment you could have. And the recipes really do help with what ever ailment you have. I try to have one "juice" meal a day. It makes a world of difference in how hungry I feel during the day.



You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~~Unknown~~

No comments: